Friday, July 5, 2013

Fear and self doubt are the greatest challenge

Fear and self doubt are the greatest challenges most people face.  The would-have, could-have, and should-have run through our minds link a hamster in a wheel.  And like the hamster in the wheel, they use up a lot of energy, but really get us no where.

So what to do about it?  We can give in and beat ourselves up or we can confront them and in doing so address our self-defeating core issues.  It sounds easy and it can be if we let it.  The key is will we let it.

Today was a good day, but I started to fall back into the poverty mentality of worrying about tomorrow, next week... yada-yada-yada-yada. It's one of the reasons, I stepped back to write this.  I need to remind myself to put my energy into what I am creating, stead of worrying about the future.

I have learned that we fear, we create.  The same as what we believe in also manifests when it comes from our heart.  The old adage be careful what you wish for is very true.  The Divine creates whatever we ask of it  It is also true that we were never meant to walk our paths alone.  No one can face our challenges for us, but we were meant to help each other with those challenges. 

These two concepts come together in my favorite of all movies, Roger and Hammerstein's 1965 Cinderella. On this day and in this moment, I release my fears.  I open my heart to love and trust.


No comments:

Post a Comment